How do you maintain a vibrant workplace culture — and keep employees aligned and engaged — in a period of hyper-growth?
In the last year, LivingSocial’s global workforce has grown from 600 employees to 5,000. Last week at Cloudforce D.C., LivingSocial’s director of global HR operations, Colleen Wood, shared the social commerce company’s secrets for maintaining its social, collaborative, and highly productive culture while adding more than 100 new people to their burgeoning team every week.
You can see Colleen’s presentation below. Here are a few highlights:
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Focus on the most important things and ignore everything else. The “nice to haves” can come later.
- Empower the User: Put control in the hands of every individual to drive their own career while providing access to frameworks and best practices.
- Surprise & Delight: Create a compelling culture that recognizes the unique attributes of every employee
- Simple & Approachable: LivingSocial’s daily deals and experiences are simple to access; their technology at work should function the same way
- Ensure your tools enable the vision and values of your organization: LivingSocial emphasizes the importance of feedback and recognition. They use Rypple as a tool to help them amplify and encourage those key behaviors.